Group and Events Executive
Global Talent 2020 are proudly working with a luxury historic hotel estate near the Scottish borders. They are looking for a Groups and Events Executive to join their team and assist with their events and VIP guests from around the world.
There is plenty to advertise as the venue boasts historic library bars with roaring fires and the best whiskies on offer in Scotland, from rosette-level fine dining restaurants to classic lounges to enjoy red wine and the view across the beautiful estate.
There is a stunning golf course, 60 self-catering cottages, and full spa and leisure facilities set against the beautiful Scottish countryside.
A background in luxury hotels is beneficial for this opportunity but not required. You will be responsible for dealing with group booking inquiries and hosting a range of events from weddings, to corporate, and much more. You will have a real chance to make a name for yourself in the UK hotel market as this is an award-winning and renowned venue.
The role is site based and fantastic live-in accommodation is available.
- Excellent base salary package.
- Live in accommodation.
- 50% discount benefit within the restaurants.
- Free golf membership worth ~£1,000 per year.
- Free meals on shift.
- Free parking.
- Discounted gym and spa membership.
You will be responsible for:
- Responding to all incoming event and restaurant inquiries via telephone and email.
- Working with prospective and returning clients to write event proposals in accordance with the food and drink offerings, costings, budget, and company values.
- Meeting clients for show rounds, and sharing information with them about the facilities and offerings.
- Coordinating all details relating to a confirmed event, including working with all departments for menu choices, logistics, dietary requirements, timings, equipment, technology, themes, and team availability.
- Attending key events to welcome the clients and introduce them to the operational team.
- Helping to deliver the sales and marketing strategy by actively suggesting ways of increasing new and repeat sales and subsequently promoting these initiatives.
- To track, analyze, and report on business performance.
- Develop a strategy to support maximum bookings for our internal events.
- Work alongside the Head of Sales and Marketing from start to finish including promoting, selling, and executing of events.
Our client at Global Talent 2020, is looking for a hands-on approach type leader, a “leader”, with a focused, well-organized mind. Possessing a positive personality, driven to achieve high service standards and results. This is a multi-tasking role, in an amazing rural location. You need to be someone used to always keeping their fingers on the pulse of an operation.
The client requires the candidate to possess first-class people soft skills, with an ability to engage with customers and colleagues alike. This role requires 4- or 5-star experience ideally within a hotel environment.
Interested? Get in touch, apply today, and then let’s talk…