Global Talent 2020 are excited to be working with one of Edinburgh’s leading restaurant companies at their beautifully appointed venue in the heart of the city center. This boutique group are looking for a passionate Sous Chef for their popular, quality-focused fine dining restaurant operations.
The Sous role is part of a small, dedicated Kitchen brigade, producing high-level, locally sourced, fresh, fine dining, food menus across the main restaurant, and private dining areas of this beautifully positioned venue.
The venue is open during the day and closes at 17:00 so there will be mostly day shifts available. There are evening events occasionally so the ideal candidate must be flexible.
There is a 45-hour working week based on a 5-day working week which can be changed to a 4-day working week when possible.
Excellent remuneration, and benefits that include:
- Free meals before and during shifts.
- Generous tips paid via TRONC (Approx £6,000pa).
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action and a Health and Wellbeing Coach and a Mental Health First Aider.
- A wide range of team benefits, including free food and tea/coffee, discounted meals for family and friends plus many more.
- Internal and external training and development opportunities, including Academy apprenticeships, scholarships, visits to suppliers, and paid training opportunities.
- Length of service benefits include an interest-free loan towards purchasing your first home, free flights, extra days holiday, and additional employer pension contribution.
- Referral bonuses and Employee of the Month payments.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Company-funded Social Club events.
- Access to our Employee Forum – a collective voice for employees by employees.
Our long-established client at Global Talent 2020, is looking for a proven Sous Chef talent in the kitchen. With a classical understanding of modern Scottish, European, and classic French techniques. Someone who will always be readily approachable, and possess a positive can-do mentality and personality. Can be an effective communicator, whilst possessing sound leadership skills of others and a kitchen. Creative innovation is a must for the client’s guest’s food experiences. There will also be continued career opportunities to further your career, for the right-minded individual.
The ideal Sous Chef candidate must have had prior experience of working in high-end quality Restaurants or Hotels, ideally with a minimum of one, to two rosette experiences to their credit. You must be able to demonstrate good all-around classical culinary technical skills, whilst managing costs, and food GP%. The ability to train and develop others within the team, are also highly desired skills, our client is looking for.
All Chef applicants will need to be able to demonstrate their technical abilities at the second interview stage.
Our client at Global Talent 2020, offers the right candidate a first-class working historic environment, in a quality-focused boutique operation. Delivering consistent locally sourced, sustainable, fresh food menus, working with a talented brigade of like-minded people, in a growing, passionate, people-focused, reputable organization.
Interested? Get in touch today…