Global Talent 2020 are proudly working with our well-established Edinburgh boutique hotel and restaurant client for their new, well-positioned venue in a trendy area of Edinburgh city. Our client is recruiting for a Head Chef to lead and join their exciting new Kitchen operations.
There are under 10 stylish and comfortable rooms that add an extra layer to this role as breakfast is catered for the guests.
The food menu sits at the premium-casual end of the market and consists of brunch, lunch, and dinner with many items slow-cooked and roasted in a Josper Oven to give delicious flavors to the dishes.
- An excellent base salary package.
- Generous TRONC structure (Approx £6,000-£8,000 annually).
- Career progression within the company and portfolio.
- Re-location packages are available to applicants outside of Edinburgh.
- Free entry to all their late-night venues.
- 28-30 days annual leave and a flexible schedule
- An extra day of paid leave for your birthday.
- 20% employee hotel discount.
- 25% off food and drink in all their venues, 7 days/week.
- Discounted taxi fares home.
- Wellbeing & beauty discounts.
- Restaurant and high-street discounts.
- Regular incentives and competitions with around 4 international team trips/year + distillery and brewery trips.
Our passionate client at Global Talent 2020, is looking for a real leader in the kitchen, someone who will harness the talent of the small team, utilize the brand-new fantastic kitchen facilities to their advantage, and provide memorable popular food experiences for its customers, and put the location on the map in the Edinburgh, as a noted place to dine all day.
The ideal Head Chef candidate must have had prior experience in producing fresh quality food, to a minimum 1 rosette culinary level standard, and had experience of a volume high street restaurant OR boutique hotel on their CV. You will need to be highly approachable with your personality, as you will be interacting with other senior company heads, the customers, and with all levels of the site’s diverse teams.
Our client requires an ideal Head Chef, who is keen to train, coach, and mentor their team, evolve the fresh food services, deliver consistent quality menus, daily seasonal specials, and innovative food concepts, and further the reputation of the business in the Edinburgh marketplace.
As the Head Chef, you must be proven to be flexible, and highly adaptive in all your approaches to your team, your food ethos, and also with the delivery of fresh concepts developed with the company Head Chef.
As Head Chef, you must also be someone who not only has strong all-round culinary abilities and great presentation skills, but someone thats also an effective manager of the kitchen environment, health, and safety, COSHH, RIDDOR, recruitment, and possesses strong cost & budgetary control skill sets of their area.
You will be working with a local quality-focused business, delivering fresh food creations to high consistent standards through your team. Working with a talented bunch of people, utilizing the best local fresh produce, excellent work/life balance, a brand-new kitchen, and good remuneration package and tronc for the duties required at the site.
Interested? Apply today, and let’s talk…..